The AFCAD Research Group is based at the Ohio State Aeronautical and Astronautical Research Laboratories (AARL), adjacent to the Ohio State University Airport at Don Scott Field. AARL has served as the hub of experimental aerospace activity at Ohio State University since its construction in 1967. The facility also houses the Gas Dynamics and Turbulence Laboratory as well as the Gas Turbine Laboratory.
Aeronautical and Astronautical Research Laboratories
2300 West Case Road
Columbus, Ohio 43235
Coming from the North, South, or East:,
- Take SR-315 South or North, exit at Bethel Rd
- Drive westward to Godown Rd., turn right (North) onto Godown Rd.
- Drive approximately 0.5 mile, turn left (West) onto West Case Rd. Drive approximately 1.25 miles.
- Just past OSU Airport (Don Scott Field) and a fire station, take the second right into the Aeronautical and Astronautical Research Laboratories parking lot. Park in any available parking space.
- Note that this entrance has a big OSU/AARL sign. The first entrance is unmarked.
Coming from the West:
- Take I-270, exit at Sawmill Rd. Drive south on Sawmill Rd to West Case Rd. (about 2.25 miles). Turn left (East) onto West Case Rd. Drive approximately 1.0 mile.
- Turn left into the Aeronautical and Astronautical Research Laboratories parking lot. Park in any available parking space.
- If you see the OSU Airport, you have gone too far.