Low-Turbulence Wind Tunnel
- Closed-return wind tunnel.
- 50 hp, variable-speed DC motor with 5' (1.52 m)-diameter, 5-bladed fan driven by a 480 volt AC source.
- Speed range: 11-101 mph (5-45 m/s).
- 10:1 contraction ratio.
- ±0.05% turbulence level, 5 Hz cutoff frequency.
- Test section: 2'x4' (0.61x1.22 m) cross-section of length 19.6' (6 m) with optical access on near and far side walls.
- Interchangeable flat-plate test section for boundary layer studies with plate chord of 18' (5.5 m).
- 3-axis, computer-controlled traverse with probe holder (Pitot tube, Preston tube, hot wires).
- Assortment of hot-wire probes, including hot-wire repair equipment.
Contact: Prof. Jim Gregory (email@example.com; 614-292-5024)